Margarita Meklina’s flash “Waiting for Warhol,” originally written in English, was just published in Star 82 Review. Her short story “Ai Weiwei’s Owls,” translated from Russian by Krystyna A. Steiger, appeared in the newly released Reunion: The Dallas Review #3. Finally, her novella, “Death in the Air,” whose title refers to a Mexican neo-expressionist Julio Galán’s death on the plane from brain hemorrhaging, was picked up by the Japanese magazine Shuei-Sha, and is slated to be published, in Japanese translation, this year.
Margarita was a contributor to The Conium Review‘s Spring 2013 issue.
Our nominations for the Pushcart Prize are in the mail. Congratulations to this year’s nominees!
From the The Conium Review‘s Spring 2012 issue, the Pushcart nominees are:
- “Nogoodfornothin’,” by Nick Sanford (fiction)
- “Buy Your Own,” by Margarita Meklina (fiction)
- “Dear Penthouse,” by Benjamin Schachtman (fiction)
- “Earl Grey Moonlight,” by Ben Nardolilli (poetry)
And from our Fall 2012 issue, the nominees are:
- “Inside/Man,” by Tigh Rickman (fiction)
- “Sunrise in Honolulu,” by Kirby Wright (poetry)