The Conium Review Print Edition
The Conium Review acquires first serial printing rights. All rights revert to the author upon publication.
We publish innovative writing. Send us stories that take risks. Experiment with character, structure, or theme. Get weird with it.
The Conium Review‘s print edition open reading period is February 1st, 2020 and May 1st, 2020.
If you missed the open reading period, you can still submit year-round using the “Tip Jar” category. “Tip Jar” submissions include a $3.00 donation to The Conium Review.
Please submit all work using our Submittable page. If you don’t already have one, you can create a Submittable account for free.
We only consider fiction; no poems or nonfiction, please. You may submit up to three flash fiction pieces, two short stories, or one novella. We define flash fiction as below 1,000 words and novellas as over 15,000 words. Do not send additional work until you get our response to the original submission.
Upload your fiction submission as a single file.
In the “Biography Statement” field, please include a brief third-person bio. If your work is accepted for publication, your bio appears inside the published issue of The Conium Review along with your story.
Submissions must be unpublished, original work. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but you must withdraw your submission immediately if it is accepted elsewhere.
Praise for The Conium Review:
- “The Conium Review . . . is raising a unique voice. And it is one that’s worth listening to.” —Prick of the Spindle
- ” . . . tension, mystery, good old-fashioned action pulled off with clarity and skill, and the occasional bombshell of a metaphor. I found myself constantly itching to find out what was going to happen next . . . ” —NewPages.com
- ” . . . we’re bearing witness to the bizarre, but it’s not just bizarre for the sake of bizarre. It’s a brand of bizarre that offers insight into the human condition.” —Small Press Reviews
- ” . . . strange and unfamiliar, all while keeping us grounded in a seemingly ‘familiar’ world . . . a mixture of the strange and new.” —Stone Highway Review
- “Whether the plot is deft, or deliciously lengthy, each story in [The Conium Review] provides remarkable characters, and situations to grapple with. A reader will be entertained and satisfied with the variety of storytelling while the writer will be encouraged and hopefully inspired.” —The Review Review